What can you expect to achieve from life coaching?
Men’s health coaching can offer you:
- Greater energy, embodiment, and presence.
- Personalized diet and lifestyle changes.
- Accountability and action steps to complete each week.
- A deeper understanding of why you keep repeating the same patterns.
- Mental strength to work with difficult emotions and stress.
- Transformation in how you feel about yourself.
- Collaboration and connection with your body.
- Tools to manage stress, anxiety, and overwhelm.
- Confidence in yourself and your ability to craft your own destiny.
- Strategies for overcoming roadblocks and obstacles that arise due to unforeseen stressors.
- Support. Support. And more support.
Why do these tools work best for men?
A lot of guys today feel lost. I know because I was struggling to find healthy power in a world that is increasingly saying men aren’t needed.
We want to feel strong, powerful, and accomplished, but our roles in society have changed so much that it’s disorienting.
Identifying as a guy places us in a special bind — “The Man Box” — that makes taking care of our physical and emotional needs tricky. It’s hard to know what to do and where to go next.
This box of old-school ideas that says repress emotions, push harder, and don’t show signs of weakness are slowly disappearing. Yet there are still certain acceptable ways of behaving as a man.
My coaching works with the social realities of manhood so you can really unstick yourself from scripts that don’t feel genuine and have the tools to outgrow unwanted habits that aren’t serving you.
This is why it’s essential to have someone who understands men’s issues in the context of health, performance, and productivity.
I’m here to guide you with wisdom and compassion through the sense of confusion. The goal is the freedom to embody a healthy modern manhood that serves you and those around you.
What are my credentials & certifications?
- Harvard University – Ed.M. Masters in Mind, Brain & Education
- Hong Kong University – M.A. Masters in Buddhist Studies
- Institute for the Psychology of Eating – Dynamic Eating Coach
- American College of Sports Medicine – Certified Personal Trainer
- WellCoaches Health and Wellness – Health Coach
- Koru Certified Mindfulness —Mindfulness Teacher
- Spartan SGX Coach — Level 1 Coach
- BKBX Master Coach — Head Trainer
What makes my men's health coaching approach unique?
Typical health and wellness solutions only address one lifestyle aspect at a time—move, eat, just breathe, etc.
Even worse, lots of wellness stuff is too woo-woo and lacks any evidence that it actually works.
Coaching that focuses on limited, superficial, and short-term gains are not going to serve you for years to come.
These approaches are partial at best, and more importantly, they may not be right for you and your body.
The truth is that old habits will repeat themselves in unsupportive environments.
Unconscious beliefs will stop you from fully stepping up and taking responsibility for yourself.
You need a completely personalized approach to men’s wellness that considers your identity as a man — Your personal history, current environment, attitudes, and lifelong behaviors that make you who you are today.
In what timeframe can you expect to achieve results from coaching?
Everyone grows at their own pace. You can’t control how your body will change.
That being said, you can nudge your body in the direction you want it to grow.
If you follow through on our coaching and put it all into action, clients usually see significant shifts in a month or two.
It’s also important to recognize that change happens non-linearly across your entire being — Building the right set of beliefs will lead to better decisions, which influences the form and function of your body, which impacts the type of beliefs you have about yourself, and so forth in a dynamic cycle of development.
Do I take insurance?
I do not take insurance. You can check with your provider about reimbursements.
How do you know if men's life coaching is right for you?
What if you're hesitant to commit?
One part of you wants to change (or you wouldn’t be reading this). You want to become the hero in your own quest and show the world what you’re truly made of.
And another part of you would rather stay stuck and play it safe.
It’s not that you lack willpower to change. (You are stronger than you believe.)
It is that some part of you clings to unhealthy patterns because they’re safe and comfortable. You’ve set up shop in a lifestyle that used to work but is no longer serving your highest aspirations.
Change is hard. Ambivalence is normal.
Consider what would happen if you keep living your life exactly the same manner?
Are you willing to accept your default future?
How is health and wellness coach different from a dietician or doctor?
- I do not diagnose or treat specific medical conditions.
- I do not prescribe drugs or pills.
- I do not write food plans.
- I do not treat mental illness.
As a men’s health coach…
- I do work with people who are trying to achieve optimal health, wellbeing, and balance through better lifestyle choices.
- I do help you create an action plan that helps you change your behavior in some area of your life.
- I do work together with doctors, psychotherapists, and healthcare providers to give you appropriate wrap-around care.
- I do support you in building internal strengths and external resources for making sustainable shifts in your life.
What tools and philosophies do I use to help you achieve you desired results?
- Motivational Interviewing
- Narrative Coaching
- Mindfulness & Meditation
- Movement & Exercise
- Myofascial Release
- Somatic Experiencing
- Internal Family Systems
- Motivational Interviewing & Reflective Inquiry
- Integral Adult Development
- Interpersonal Neurobiology